Friday 17 March 2017

Nick's News! On the Table - Genestealer Cults

Warhammer 40K - Genestealer Cults

I was of course amazed when I learnt that there was going to be a Codex: Genestealer Cults. I had had it in my mind to have a Genestealer Cult Army since Second Edition.

It was a couple of years ago when the Chaos Cultists were released that I assembled an Army. It was made up up of Chaos models and Tyranid models and both Codexes were used to create an 'allied' force. But it still would not have been 100% legal as Tyranids cannot be allies of any other faction.


It did not matter as I have never fielded it on the table in a battle. My hobby is principally the collecting and assembling and painting side at this time.

The new Codex: Genestealers was pre-empted by the release of Deathwatch Overkill. I picked up a copy and the models were great. With the addition of a couple of other boxes upon release of the Codex, I now have a Genestealer Cult Army which will be stand alone or which could ally with the existing Army......


Nest to be added are a couple of transports.....


That will be enough then and I will commission Andrew Thornway to paint them in the same style and colours of my 'old' Cult Army.

Deathwatch Overkill included other models too, which of course led me to collect yet another new faction.........


No comments:

Post a Comment